If you made a list of your goals for this year, today is the time to look at your list and evaluate how is going.
Think about the actions you can take to reach your goals.
….you didn’t make any goals or can’t find that list? No problem.
Look at these 7 ways to improve your finances.
1. Make a Budget.
If you don’t track your expenses, you can’t improve our finances.
Let’s take note of every penny you spend!
Write down how much is your monthly income, and how much you spend.
A good place to start is with your bank statement.
Print it out, view the past 12 months, and calculate what you typically spend in one year.
This can be extremely informative: you will find many of your trouble spots that are dragging you down.
Find and reduce useless expenses to eliminate your debt and grow your wealth.
You can also use your phone: today many apps can support you in your budgeting efforts.
- Personal Capital.
- YNAB (You Need A Budget)
- Every Dollar.
2. Look at the “Big 3”
Take a look at this “big 3” expenses and find a way to reduce them:
Then, examine the minor expenses:
- Utility Bills
3. Eliminate Useless Subscriptions
One of the most effective ways to improve your finances is to cut all your subscriptions.
Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney Plus, Spotify, cable TV, etc.
Think about it. All of these are really useful for you?
Stop paying for useless services.
These subscriptions can easily take over your budget and put you in debt.
Ask yourself if they’re worth your money. If not, cut them today.
4. Switch Banks
Does your bank charge you a lot of commissions?
If you don’t want to lose your money, find alternatives and make a switch.
5. Switch Insurance
Look at the expenses your insurance company charges you.
Take your time and do your research.
Find alternatives with other insurance companies.
You will be surprised to find out how you can lower your home, life, or car insurance.
6. Earn extra money.
How can you earn extra money in a few days? Here are some tips to get it done:
You can make fast money making a Side Hustle, and working with some of these companies:
Turn your trash into cash!
Empty your garage, get rid of old useless stuff: make space and make some bucks by selling :
7. Side Hustles: Make Money from Your Hobbies.
Do you love photography, writing or woodworking?
If so, you can easily find a way to get paid for it. Make money by following your passion.
- Sell your photos as prints or artwork.
- Sell your images as merchandise, keepsakes, or memorabilia.
- Sell stock photos.
- Sell your photos to magazines.
- Go local: Take photos at local events and sell them.
- Work with local businesses.
- Work with bloggers.
Do you love Writing?
Here are some of the best ways to earn money as a writer:
- Review films, products, music, and more.
- Write articles.
- Sell revision notes.
- Participate in a writing contest, and win cash prizes. …
- Writing translations. …
- Blog monetization.
- Write social media content as a work.
- Become a copywriter.
Do you love woodwork?
Make Money Woodworking (6 Easy Ways to Make Money!)
- Build Custom Pieces Furniture. …
- Start a course about Woodworking. …
- Start a Blog about Woodworking
- Start a YouTube Channel about Woodworking
- Purchase an existing piece of furniture and restore it to sell for a profit.
Conclusion. Improve your Finances with a SMART Goal.
Planning without action means procrastination.
If you want to reach your objectives, make a SMART Goal.
SMART stands for:
- simple approach: “ I need to earn some bucks”
- SMART approach: “I will earn $1000 by April, by selling useless stuff in my garage in FB marketplace.”
Adopting a SMART approach, your goal will be specific, measurable, with a specific action plan, realistic, and with a fixed term.